Our Owlette Program is the foundation of Origami Owl®. Our Owlette Program teaches young girls and boys, youth ages 11-17, entrepreneurial and life skills. Being an Owlette or BRO (Boys Representing Origami Owl) builds confidence and gets them out of their comfort zone, while setting goals and getting recognized for their efforts. Our Owlettes and BROs are making a difference in the lives of others and their own.
This month’s spotlight is on our NEW, annual Owlette Education Award!
As we announced at the 2018 O2 Experience Convention, we want to support our Owlettes and BROs whose goals are to continue their education at a university or technical school once they graduate from high school.
Two Owlette/BRO recipients will be selected to receive the Owlette Education Award. We will recognize these individuals on stage at the 2019 O2 Experience Convention, and they will each receive a check for $2,000 to help cover their continuing education costs.
Here’s what you need to know about the Owlette Education Award
Contest period: January 1, 2019 – March 31, 2019
- Must have been an Owlette/BRO for at least one year at the start of the contest period – January 1, 2019
- Must be in good standing, as determined by Origami Owl
- Must be a senior in high school and have not attended college at the start of the contest period
- Must be a “graduating Owlette/BRO” (will be graduating from high school in 2019)
- Attendance at the 2019 O2 Experience is not required for consideration, but strongly recommended, as there will be special on-stage recognition
Rules: Owlettes/BROs may enter the contest by submitting an essay with answers to the following questions, along with a photo, to Owlettes@OrigamiOwl.com.
- When did you join the Owlette Program? (month, day and year)
- Why should you be considered for the Owlette Education Award?
- What are your plans for the award if you are chosen?
- What have you learned from the Owlette Program both personally and professionally?
- How have you incorporated Origami Owl’s mission statement into your life?
Please also submit a photograph of yourself showcasing your involvement in the Owlette Program. You may also submit a video as part of your entry (optional).
Judging: The two Owlette Education Award recipients will be chosen by a panel of judges via an independent award committee outside of Origami Owl. The committee is looking for originality – so be creative! They will be judging on content, overall impact, demonstration of commitment to the Owlette Program and Origami Owl’s mission.
Parents or Legal Guardians: Please read the Owlette Education Award Contest Official Rules and sign the Affidavit of Parental Consent for your Owlette/BRO to be considered for the Owlette Education Award.
Owlette Achievement Program Period Ends April 30, 2019
We hope our Owlettes and BROs are loving the Owlette Achievement Program so far! You still have until April 30, 2019 to earn exclusive pieces of jewelry to include in a special look! So, keep hosting Jewelry Bars®, being a Force For Good®, leading team meetings, attending Zoom Calls, etc.! We’re so proud of how you’re growing personally and professional!
Get Connected to the Owlette Program
If you’re part of an Owlette team and haven’t yet joined our O2 Owlettes Facebook group, what are you waiting for? Our Owlette Facebook group gives our Owlettes the chance to regularly interact with each other, receive personal messages from Origami Owl Co-Founder Bella Weems-Lambert, and get tips and training to grow their Origami Owl businesses!
Have an Owlette success spotlight story you’d like featured in an upcoming Hoot email? Email us at Recognition@OrigamiOwl.com.