With the start of a new jewelry collection and a new season of Jewelry Bars, we know this is the time to also make necessary adjustments to support your business and the future of Origami Owl®.
Here are a few important updates to keep in mind that go into effect on February 1.
Jewelry Pricing Updates
From our Large Silver Retractable Badge Reel Living Locket® with Swarovski® Crystals to our miniature figurine Charms, our jewelry innovation continues to strive for the highest quality that exceeds industry standards. As we’ve continued making improvements to our jewelry, we’ve absorbed additional costs along the way and knew we had to streamline and align our prices according to their cost and improve a few prices so you can more easily share the jewelry with your newest Customers. Here are the adjustments we will be making starting February 1 to our jewelry.
- Charms – Our Charms have been $5 for standard Charms, $6 for limited edition Charms and $7 for officially licensed Charms for years. Starting February 1, both our standard Charms and limited edition Charms will be $6 USD | $7 CAD each. Officially licensed Charms will remain $7 USD| $8 CAD.
- Twist Living Lockets™ – we will be reducing the prices of our Medium and Large (not specialty) Twist Living Lockets sets featuring Swarovski Crystals (only clear crystals) – Medium Twist Living Lockets will move from $32 USD | $42 CAD to $28 USD | $36 CAD; Large Twist Living Lockets will move from $36 USD | $47 CAD to $32 USD | $42 CAD. We believe this price adjustment will provide a more affordable price point for your Customers.
- Windows will move to a 50% commission.
- Inscriptions® Plates will see a reduction in price.
Jewelry Bar Rule Updates
When your Hostess agrees to host a Jewelry Bar, the first action step should be to go to your Back Office and get her Jewelry Bar set up. The next step is to then send her the link to her event so she can share it with her friends and family to kick off the shopping! Once your Hostess has shared her link, anyone who clicks on that link will automatically visit YOUR Designer webpage and the Jewelry Bar Code will appear during their checkout process.
We’ve noticed many calls from Designers needing assistance moving orders or attaching them to Jewelry Bars, many beyond our current threshold of 30 attached orders. This takes a lot of time to manage and it adversely affects our ability to help your Customers as these issues are very time consuming.
You’ll notice a lot of training coming up about the Jewelry Bar through our All Designer Trainings and Facebook Groups very soon to walk you through the best practices of opening, managing and closing your Jewelry Bars to ensure the process is simple and smooth for you and your Customers.
Starting February 1, please note the following changes on how to manage your Jewelry Bars in the system:
- All orders will need to be placed after the Jewelry Bar is open to be eligible for Hostess Rewards. If an order is placed before the Jewelry Bar is open, it will not count towards the Hostess Rewards.
- Jewelry Bar orders cannot be transferred between Jewelry Bars.
- You will be able to transfer a maximum of 15 unattached orders in a single calendar month.
- Designer Care will no longer be able to manually adjust Jewelry Bar orders.
As always, wholesale web orders will not count towards Hostess Rewards.
We believe this will improve your Hostesses’ experiences and help you to use the Jewelry Bar to inspire, inform and motivate your Hostesses to reach their goals and share Origami Owl with those they know who would love customizable, meaningful jewelry to keep or gift. We encourage you to follow our best practices carefully to ensure you can support your Hostess from start to finish!
New Time Allowance for Open Jewelry Bars Starting March 1
As of March 1, 2018, we will be reducing the time allowance for a Jewelry Bar to remain open.
Jewelry Bars must be scheduled within 60 days of the day they are set-up in the system.
If you must reschedule, you may do so 1 time and postpone the start date for up to 30 days.
After the date the Jewelry Bar is scheduled, you will have 30 days to finalize orders and close the Jewelry Bar or it will automatically close.
Remember that in order for customers to take advantage of the Customer Exclusive offer, and Hostesses to receive the Hostess promotion the Jewelry Bar must close in the month the promotion is being offered.
When you enter Hostess Rewards and complete that order, the Jewelry Bar will automatically close for you.
If you don’t manually close the Jewelry Bar by the closing date 30 days after the start date you chose in the system, the Jewelry Bar will close automatically.
When Jewelry Bars are automatically closed:
-Any orders that have not been processed (and may or many not have credit cards attached) will not be processed and will be cancelled.
The Hostess will receive a product credit equal to the Hostess Rewards earned, but will lose the Hostess Exclusive. If the Hostess had selected Starter Rewards, the kit discount code will be emailed to the hostess.
If the Hostess hasn’t purchased with us before, we’ll create an account to put the Hostess Reward credit into.
Notifications will be sent to the Designer prior to the auto close date to remind them the Jewelry Bar will be closed soon. These reminders will be sent 72 hours prior, 48 hours prior and 24 hours prior.
A few things to notice:
- As you can see, we have provided ample time from entering the Jewelry Bar in the system to closing it to give you the flexibility you need in almost every situation you come across.
- Remember, you can start entering orders the day you open the Jewelry Bar. (Even for a fundraiser, this should be more than enough time for the Jewelry Bar to be open for orders.
- There’s an additional benefit to these changes. Having a set date to hold and close the Jewelry Bar can provide that added incentive your Hostess may need to get that Jewelry Bar held and closed in a reasonable time. They may be much less likely to postpone if they know there are time frames in place (particularly if they’ve already gotten some orders and they don’t want to lose credit for those!) This, paired with the monthly exclusives, will hopefully give Hostesses the incentive to get those orders in quickly and time won’t be an issue!
***As we move forward with this update on March 1, please note that Jewelry Bars opened up prior to March 1 will automatically be closed on April 30.