Deadline to submit application is March 31, 2020
Our Young Entrepreneurs Program (formerly Owlette Program) is the foundation of Origami Owl®. Our Young Entrepreneurs Program teaches young girls and boys, ages 11-17, entrepreneurial and life skills. Being an Owlette or BRO (Boys Representing Origami Owl) builds confidence and gets them out of their comfort zone, while setting goals and getting recognized for their efforts. Our Owlettes and BROs are making a difference in the lives of others and their own.
In our continuing effort to support our Owlettes and BROs whose goals are to continue their education at a university or technical school once they graduate from high school, we’re selecting two Owlettes/BROs to receive the Young Entrepreneurs Education Award. We will recognize these individuals on stage at the 2020 O2 Experience, and they will each receive a check for $2,000 to help cover their continuing education costs.
Keep reading for all the details. Submissions are due March 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
Contest period: January 1, 2020 – March 31, 2020
- Must have been an Owlette/BRO for at least one year at the start of the contest period – January 1, 2020
- Must be in good standing, as determined by Origami Owl
- Must be a senior in high school and have not attended college at the start of the contest period
- Must be a “graduating Owlette/BRO” (will be graduating from high school in 2020)
- Attendance at the 2020 O2 Experience is not required for consideration, but strongly recommended, as there will be special on-stage recognition
Rules: Owlettes/BROs may enter the contest by submitting an essay with answers to the following questions, along with a photo, to Owlettes@OrigamiOwl.com.
- When did you join the Young Entrepreneurs Program? (month, day and year)
- Why should you be considered for the Young Entrepreneurs Education Award?
- What are your plans for the award if you are chosen?
- What have you learned from the Young Entrepreneurs Program both personally and professionally?
- How have you incorporated Origami Owl’s mission statement into your life?
Please also submit a photograph of yourself showcasing your involvement in the Young Entrepreneurs Program. You may also submit a video as part of your entry (optional).
Judging: The two Young Entrepreneurs Education Award recipients will be chosen by a panel of judges via an independent award committee outside of Origami Owl. The committee is looking for originality – so be creative! They will be judging on content, overall impact, demonstration of commitment to the Young Entrepreneurs Program and Origami Owl’s mission.
Parents or Legal Guardians: Please read the Young Entrepreneurs Education Award Contest Official Rules and sign the Affidavit of Parental Consent for your Owlette/BRO to be considered for the Young Entrepreneurs Education Award.